Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Project #2

As promised, I will be revealing my second project today. But first, I want to give an update to yesterday's post. It turns out that the Indoor Flea Market, where I found the furniture for these 2 projects, is closed by the time I get out of work. So, I have to make a decision. Do I wait til Saturday to get the pieces? Or do I call them, purchase the pieces over the phone and have them hold the furniture for me til Saturday? I'll have to think on this for a bit this morning.

Ok, now that the update is out of the way, my plan for project #2! Once again, here is a photo of the piece. As you can see, this is a chest that does not have any of the drawers.





Now for the Inspiration photo!



I found this project on apartmenttherapy.com. As with all my inspiration photos, just click on it and you will be taken to the original site! As I stated, my piece does not have any drawers, so I have to decide whether I want to add drawers or use the space for shelving. I'm thinking we'll be making drawers for this project! Also, my piece's top has beautiful curves so instead of replacing it with a butcher block, I think I'll just strip the old paint off and stain it! But you'll have to check back to see what I have done!


No comments:

Post a Comment